Severin Safari Camp: A Luxury Eco-Friendly Camp in Tsavo West National Park
Severin Safari Camp is a hidden gem located in the remote Kitani Wildlife area of Tsavo West National Park. With stunning views of Mount Kilimanjaro, this eco-friendly luxury camp offers a unique combination of adventure, wellness, and relaxation for the sophisticated traveler who loves romantic pampering and unique wildlife experiences.
Getting There To Severin Safari Camp
The camp is accessible either by regularly scheduled flights from Mombasa and Nairobi Wilson Airport or by short private charter flights. The nearest airstrips are Finch Hattons and Kilanguni, both about a 30-minute drive from the Camp, and are serviced by daily scheduled flights from Nairobi Wilson operated by Safari Link and from Mombasa by Mombasa Air Safari. Flights in the luxurious Cessna Caravan of Severin Air Safaris are available on request. The camp is also accessible by road and is located 250 kilometers away from Mombasa and Nairobi.
The tents and suites are designed with handmade wooden furniture in a traditional African style. Light and warm colors make for a cozy, familiar atmosphere. The camp is perfectly integrated into the environment, and the lounge and restaurant area are open, providing a wonderful panoramic view.
Accommodation At Severin Safari Camp
The camp offers 27 luxurious accommodations spread over 25 hectares of bushland. The accommodations include
- 21 octagon tents equipped with running hot and cold water, shower, separate toilet with bidet, comfortable beds with mosquito nets, and a private terrace.
- 4 lodge-style junior suites, each with a separate lounge, a sun deck with sun beds, a private courtyard with an outdoor shower, and spacious naturally lit bathrooms with double washbasins.
- 2 executive suites, Kibo and Mawenzi, with a splendid view of Mount Kilimanjaro, a corner bathtub, and connected to a second tent, perfect for families.
Baraza Conference Tent
Severin Safari Camp is ideal for hosting conferences out in the bush. The 80 sq meters conference tent is suitable for up to 30 persons with various seating layouts and is equipped with modern communication and presentation techniques. An open-air terrace is available for coffee breaks and informal gatherings.
Restaurant and Bar
The camp serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner in their à la carte “Out of Africa” restaurant and guests can choose between a selection of delicious and carefully prepared meals served alongside a comprehensive selection of wines.
The camp’s specialty is meat from the Kenyan highlands served on a hot stone or as fondue accompanied by locally grown vegetables, salads, and herbs.
The “Thorn Tree” Bar offers refreshments of your choice, and early morning coffee or tea and refreshing sundowners can be served on the private terrace of your tent.
The KENBALI SPA at Severin Safari Camp is an oasis of relaxation and calm inspired by the African wilderness and ancient South East Asian relaxation techniques.
The fitness tent is equipped with professional Precor equipment including a treadmill, stepper, bike, weight bench, and yoga mats and pillows.
The camp provides a range of exciting activities for guests, including:
- Game Drives: Guests can go on guided game drives and excursions in the surrounding areas to explore Tsavo National Park.
- Masai Walk: Guests can learn about the secrets of the African wilderness on foot with a Masai guide, including how to make a fire without matches and which local plants and herbs can be used as medicines.
- Sundowner: Guests can enjoy sunset views at Poacher’s Lookout while having a glass of sparkling wine.
Green Initiatives and Responsible Tourism
- Commitment to the environment
- Use of solar technology
- Implementation of strict waste management systems
- Biological wastewater treatment plant
- Telephone: +254 716 833222
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Kitani Wildlife Area, Tsavo National Park West 00400 Kenya
- Website: https://severinsafaricamp.com/