Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge is a stunning retreat situated in the heart of Tsavo West National Park, Kenya. Nestled within the heart of Tsavo West National Park, Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge is enveloped by the breathtaking Mount Kilimanjaro and the volcanic terrain of the Chyulu Hills. As one of the earliest national park lodges in Kenya, Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge offers a one-of-a-kind out-of-Africa experience, where guests can immerse themselves in the wild and ancient allure of Tsavo West, the land of lions and lava. Whether you’re seeking adventure or relaxation, Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge provides a picturesque and luxurious base from which to explore the rich wildlife and diverse landscapes of this magnificent park.
Facilities and Amenities at Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge
Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge offers a luxurious and comfortable stay to its guests with a total of 56 guest rooms, including 5 suites. The rooms are designed with a classic stone finish and equipped with modern amenities such as free Wi-Fi, satellite TV, and telephone. Guests can choose from 25 standard rooms, available in both double (king-size beds) and twin configurations, and 26 deluxe rooms, available in double (king-size beds), twin, and triple configurations. The Kilaguni Suite is the most luxurious room option and features a spacious master bedroom with a king-size double bed, a bathroom with a bathtub and shower, and a sitting room with a balcony. Families or groups traveling together can also choose from six pairs of connecting rooms. All rooms are equipped with ceiling fans and mosquito nets to ensure guests’ comfort throughout their stay.
The lodge also provides additional amenities and services such as express check-in and check-out, cold towels and welcome drinks upon arrival, laundry and valet services, a safety deposit box at reception, and complimentary mineral water and toiletries. Moreover, there is a house doctor available on call 24/7 to attend to guests’ medical needs.
The lodge’s restaurant and bar provide guests with locally sourced, seasonal cuisine while overlooking the water hole where elephants, buffaloes, and other plains game come to drink.
The lodge caters to special dietary needs, including vegetarian, gluten-free, and kosher requirements, with advance notification. For guests who want to take their meals on the go, the lodge offers picnic breakfast and lunch boxes upon request.
Guests can also enjoy traditional sundowner cocktails at Lion Rock and relax on the garden sundeck by the swimming pool. The stone-built bar offers guests a comfortable and inviting atmosphere to enjoy perfectly mixed drinks while taking in the marvelous views of the Chyulu Hills. Overall, Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge provides guests with a range of dining and beverage options that cater to every taste and dietary requirement. The lodge’s stunning surroundings make for a perfect backdrop to enjoy delicious meals and refreshing drinks.
Activities and experiences
- Guided nature treks and birding safaris: Guests can explore the flora and fauna of Tsavo West National Park with the help of experienced guides. The treks provide a unique opportunity to get up close to nature and learn about the park’s unique ecosystems.
- Day and night game drives with dedicated guides: Guests can embark on a thrilling game drive to spot lions, elephants, buffalo, and other wildlife in their natural habitats. Experienced guides will ensure a safe and exciting experience.
- Cultural dances and lectures: Guests can learn about the local Maasai culture through traditional dances and lectures provided by the lodge.
- Bicycle rides and bush breakfasts: Guests can take a guided bicycle ride around the lodge to explore the beautiful surroundings. The lodge also offers a unique bush breakfast experience, where guests can enjoy breakfast in the wild.
- Beauty therapy and massage services: Guests can indulge in a range of beauty therapy and massage services provided by the lodge’s professional therapists. The services are designed to help guests relax and unwind after a day of adventure.
Conference Facilities at Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge
Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge offers a conference facility with a capacity of up to 100 people, equipped with full audio-visual and technical support services for successful events. The facility includes breakout rooms for smaller meetings or discussions, and its serene environment and stunning landscapes provide a unique setting for conferences, meetings, and team-building activities. The lodge’s conference facility offers a range of services, such as secretarial, email, internet, photocopying, and scanning services, and is designed to cater to the needs of business travelers for a comfortable and productive stay.
Attractions Near Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge
- Mzima Springs – Mzima Springs is a natural spring that originates from the Chyulu Hills and provides water to the Tsavo River. The crystal-clear waters of the springs are home to a variety of aquatic life, including hippos and crocodiles. Visitors can take a nature walk along the shaded footpaths and witness the spring’s unique features.
- Ngulia Rhino Sanctuary – The Ngulia Rhino Sanctuary is a protected area that was established to protect the endangered black rhinoceros. The sanctuary is home to over 80 rhinos and provides a unique opportunity to see these magnificent creatures up close.
- Shetani Lava Flows – Shetani Lava Flows is a volcanic site that offers visitors a glimpse into the region’s geological history. The site is known for its black lava flows, which were formed during volcanic activity millions of years ago. Visitors can explore the site on foot and learn about the unique features of the lava flows.
- Lake Jipe – Lake Jipe is a small freshwater lake located on the Kenya-Tanzania border. The lake is home to a variety of bird species, including the African fish eagle and kingfisher. Visitors can take a boat ride on the lake or enjoy a picnic on its shores.
Getting to Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge
Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge is located in Tsavo West National Park and is approximately 280 kilometres from Nairobi. The lodge can be reached by road, which takes approximately 4 hours, or by air with a one-hour flight from Wilson Airport in Nairobi.
Tel: (+254) 734 699 698/699